Setting Up DLNA and Samba at Huawei Router

 

  1. I faced few problems during setup a home network storage using the router Huawei B618s-65d as below. This storage is only an external HDD attached to the router.
    i     - accessing samba using GUI window explorer
    ii    - transfer more than 2 GB files 

  2. I also setup the samba when I already setup the DLNA because I will need to transfer my files to the storage without the need to remove the external HDD from router, plug to my laptop to transfer files then plug back to the routers.

  3. After complete setup the samba and DLNA, I try to access the samba using GUI explorer.


  4. However I got the error pop up as below.



    Unable to access location
    Failed to mount Windows share: Software caused connection abort


    First Problem - accessing samba using GUI window explorer


  5.  To solve that, I use the solutions as suggested in here.

  6. I edit /etc/samba/smb.conf by adding a line such as below in the [global] section.

    client min protocol = NT1
    

    Save the file and exit the editor.

    Then to restart the Samba Service for this change to take effect, in a terminal, I enter this command:

    sudo service smbd restart
    

    After that, I try to connect to the storage again and success. The following popup appeared.


  7. Insert the UN and PW and then voila!

     
     

    Second Problem - transfer more than 2 GB files 

     

  8. However, Eventhough I am able to access, write and read the storage, I cannot transfer any files with the size more than 2GB.

  9. At the time writing this solution, I do not find any other better solution than this.

  10. I mount the samba drive manually using CIFS.

  11.  I created a subdirectory /samba1/ in /mnt/ directory.

  12. Then I mount the samba into /mnt/samba1 directory using the following command.

    sudo mount –t cifs –o vers=1.0,username=USERNAME,password=PASSWORD //192.168.8.1/wan /mnt/samba1/
    

  13. If you cannot mount the storage, you might want to remove vers=1.0 or change to other version like vers=2.0 or vers=3.0

  14. The End
SHARE

wanjebat

  • Image
  • Image
  • Image
  • Image
  • Image
    Blogger Comment
    Facebook Comment

1 comments:

  1. notable job for publishing one of these useful internet web page. Your net log isnt lonely useful but it's miles additionally in are searching for of reality creative too. There have a tendency to be now not many folks that can genuinely write now not therefore easy posts that artistically. hold the demonstrative writing internet providers toronto

    ReplyDelete